About Child of Hope
COH Uganda was registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Uganda (reg no. S-5914/7717), and currently employs 36 people in Mbale, eastern Uganda, supported by four volunteers.
In the UK, a team was developed to support the Ugandan operation and in 2010 it registered Child of Hope as a UK charity (England and Wales reg no.1136068). That team now consists of five trustees, a part-time paid administrator and 26 volunteers.
Ugandan management team
- Moses and Bex Okotel founders and directors
- Moses is executive director. He holds a degree in Social Work and Administration and has many years' experience of working with children in a community setting. Bex is finance director and previously worked for many years as a practice administrator in a large doctors' practice in the UK and in a health clinic in Uganda.
- Martin Hayter building project manager
- Responsible for our income generating activities (IGAs) and business incentive grants (Project BIG). Previously headed a department in a firm of Chartered Accountants in the UK for ten years.
- Philip Lotimong child development officer
- Resident of the Namatala slum and pastor of a local church with a real heart for children.
- Scovia Amulen head teacher, nursery section
- Resident of the Namatala slum and fully qualified teacher with many years' experience of working with children.
- Peter Isabirye head teacher, primary section
- A fully qualified headteacher, Peter is in charge of managing the curriculum and teachers of the primary children.
- Grace Aneno literacy and community health trainer
- Grace is a qualified literacy and community health trainer, heading up the health department. She spends afternoons leading literacy training for parents, as well as helping in the nursery section when she has time!
UK management team
- Phil Dowding
- Chairman and trustee
- Jan Dowding
- Treasurer and trustee
- Lisa Francis
- Was one of the founding trustees and now UK administrator
- Phil Game
- Secretary and trustee
- Gill Sherlock
- Les Sherlock
- Education sponsorship co-ordinator