COH Uganda is registered as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Uganda (reg no. S-5914/7717), and currently employs 71 staff in Mbale, eastern Uganda.
In the UK, a team was developed to support the Ugandan operation and in 2010 it registered Child of Hope as a UK charity (England and Wales reg no.1136068). That team currently consists of six trustees, two part-time paid roles of director and administrator, and 20 volunteers.
Ugandan management team
- Moses and Bex Okotel founders and directors
- Moses is executive director. He holds a degree in Social Work & Administration and has many years' experience of working with children in a community setting. Bex is finance director and previously worked for many years as a practice administrator in a large doctors' practice in the UK and in a health clinic in Uganda.
- Martin Hayter strategy advisor
- Responsible for our income generating activities (IGAs) and business incentive grants (Project BIG). Previously headed a department in a firm of Chartered Accountants in the UK for ten years.
- Joseph Ekure - operations manager
- Scovia Amulen head teacher, nursery section
- Peter Okwaput head teacher, primary section (picture soon)
UK management team
- Jan Dowding
- Lisa Francis
- Phil Game
- Trustee and chairman of trustees
- Gill Sherlock
- Les Sherlock
- Education sponsorship co-ordinator
- Gary Wood
- Heather Lowe
- Chris Tebbutt
Our representatives in Ireland are Richard Latham and Cliona Davey.
For details of Child of Hope in Ireland, please click here.