In the Namatala slum, there is no provision for healthcare or social care, so most children do not eat a hot meal each day, and most do not attend state school because there are too many things to pay for. Child of Hope steps in to provide all these, plus clothes, shoes… and a whole lot more as you’ve seen on this website.
How do we pay for it? Most of what we do on a day-to-day basis is funded by individuals who partner with us to sponsor:
- a child’s education (£10 per month)
- part of a teacher’s salary (from £10 per month)
- part of a social worker’s salary (from £10 per month)
- part of our food provision (from £5 per month)
- part of our healthcare provision (from £7 per month)
When we started our sponsorship programme, £10 per month included everything! But with raging inflation and a dipping exchange rate in Uganda, that now doesn’t cover the costs by far, so we added other sponsorship opportunities to keep donors’ costs to a minimum.
Or, if you prefer to set up your monthly sponsorship online through JustGiving, click here