Volunteer fundraiser advice and application form
Thank you for choosing to fundraise for Child of Hope – we’re very grateful for your support!
Please take a few minutes to read the Guidelines and Pledge below, and then complete the Volunteer Fundraising Form. We’ll contact you as soon as possible to confirm approval of your proposed fundraising activities, and to provide you with a Fundraising Agreement Number. Please note that this is for UK fundraisers.
We wish you success with your fundraising – every pound you raise will have a real impact, and will ensure that we can continue to expand our work with children and families in Ugandan slums.
And please keep in touch…. we love to hear how things are progressing, and can offer support if necessary.
Guidelines for fundraising activities for Child of Hope
When carrying out fundraising activities in aid of Child of Hope, it is really important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
• Whenever you are raising funds, make it clear that you are raising funds in aid of Child of Hope, and that it is a registered charity (Charity No. 1136068).
• No fundraising activities in aid of Child of Hope should proceed without our approval – please ensure that you have our authorisation and a Fundraising Agreement Number before you begin fundraising.
• Keep records of how much money you have raised, and let us know how much you have raised as soon as possible after any event.
• When handling cash, keep it secure at all times. It is good practice to ensure that two people count any cash collections and then note the final amount. Try to bank any cash as soon as possible after an event has finished.
• Pay over any sums raised as soon as possible, and remember to include any paperwork, such as sponsor forms. This will enable us to reclaim gift aid on eligible donations.
• Include information regarding expenses incurred while carrying out the fundraising activity. While properly documented out-of-pocket expenses may be claimed from the funds raised, the funds may not be used to employ or provide remuneration to anyone involved in this fundraising activity, who should all be volunteers
• Volunteers who raise money for Child of Hope are encouraged to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to ensure the health and safety of those involved in fundraising. For further information and recommendations on fundraisers' Health & Safety click here.
• If plans go wrong and your fundraising activities cannot go ahead, please let us know as soon as possible.
• Please contact the Child of Hope office if you require further guidance or advice.
I agree to pay over all monies raised in relation to the fundraising efforts described within 28 days following the completion of my event/activity (quoting the Fundraising Agreement Number provided).
Cheques should be sent to Child of Hope admin office (1 Old Kiln Road, Upton, POOLE, BH16 5SG), and cash should be deposited in the Child of Hope bank account (details here). All relevant sponsor forms or documentation should also be returned to Child of Hope.