Job title: Fundraising Lead
Job type: Freelance, self-employed.
Hours: part-time (12-15 hours pw) flexible.
Income: Hourly rate £20.00.
Location: UK, home-based.
Small but expanding UK Christian charity, Child of Hope (1136068) is based in Dorset and raises funds for building and running schools and its wrap-around welfare services for slum children in Uganda. It needs an experienced Fundraising Lead to increase funds from charitable giving using various income streams, excluding trust funding. Reporting to the UK director, with strong potential for the role to grow in line with the charity’s expansion.
This is a new, self-employed, remote-based, role working remotely from your own home. Applicants must be supportive of the Christian ethos. There may be some occasional travel involved.
The successful applicant will need to secure fundraising opportunities in a variety of income streams:
- Community fundraising
- Business sponsorship/partnerships
- Major donors
- Church communications/support
Applicants should be:
• Used to remote working; innovative, self-motivated, and able to use their own initiative to seek out fundraising opportunities.
• Experienced in working as a fundraiser; building and managing positive, trusting and constructive relationships with individuals and corporates.
• Able to influence, inspire and persuade a wide range of potential donors and other stakeholders.
• Knowledgeable of both fundraising and relevant charity regulations.
• Able to communicate with conviction, clarity and integrity, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of people.
• Able to gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of fundraising options.
• Able to deal with challenges and multiple priorities, responsively and constructively within deadlines.
• Experienced in ensuring that all public data and information is treated with sensitivity and care in accordance with protocols and legislation (e.g. GDPR).
• Able to seek out ideas from a wide range of sources and use them to inform your own thinking.
Please download the Person Specification below. Then complete the online job application form, demonstrating how you meet the requirements for the post and the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 17/02/23 Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as we will be reviewing and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. This vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
No contact from agencies or media sales, please.